RE: [S-R] Need help with reading a Birth Record

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
      Aha! That makes it clear. The word is Krivensis, the Latin form, indicating
      that is where they were from. You will see this word in most of the entries
      on the page-I should have noticed it.

      Janet

      _____

      From: Janet Kozlay <kozlay@verizon. <mailto:kozlay%40verizon.net> net>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 10:07 PM

      Oops. There is another name as well, isn't there. It appears to begin with
      Kriv. Possibilities include Krivanics and Krivarics. I'm not sure why there
      would be what looks like two family names for Roza. Again, I suggest looking
      for siblings' birth records and the marriage record, which may make this all
      clearer.

      Janet

      _____