Re: Ruska Vola nad Popradom church records

  • pabasia
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 3, 2009
      Thank you Ben, I feel a little better, but still quite dumb! My
      father's side was Roman Catholic, and when my parents married, they
      married in mom's church. I was taunted by his side of the family
      telling me we were not going to heaven because we didn't believe in
      the Pope (how stupid) and what was funny was when I grew up and
      married in a Roman Catholic church I found very little difference,
      except in confession, we were face to face with the priest on a
      kneeler (really made you behave because you never knew if he would
      tell your mom) and not in a confession box.
      Right now my head is spinning with all the new avenues to follow,
      maybe when I am finished I will know something.
      Basia

      > http://www.c-rs.org
      > http://www.rusyn.org
      > http://www.slovakia.org/society-rusyn.htm
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusyns
      > http://www.time.com/time/europe/html/050829/rusyn.html
      > etc.
      >
      > Anyway, here are some lovely photos of the churches in Circ,
      > Obrucne, and Ruska Vola nad Popradom:
      > http://www.grkatpo.sk/fotoalbumy/?zobrazit=album&id=201
      >
      > and a few of Ruska Vola's church and cemetery:
      > http://www.rusin.sk/main.php?id=49&typ=4&galid=83&rnow=Ruska_Vola
      >
      > Some rudimentary info about the village:
      > http://www.e-obce.sk/obec/ruskavolanadpopradom/ruska-vola-nad-
      > popradom.html
      >
      > and some genealogy-related info:
      > http://www.cisarik.com/village-0777.html
      >
      > and info on the few remnants of the former Jewish inhabitants (with
      > a photo of the village name signs, the main one in the official
      > Slovak, the supplementary one in Rusyn):
      > http://www.cisarik.com/cemetery-jewish-ruskavola-poprad.html
      >
      > RDC

    • Charlotte Conjelko
      Message 34 of 34 , May 1, 2009
        Basia,
        I was just clearing out old emails and found yours.  Did you every hear from anyone named Conjelko other than me about Anna Chupinka?  Unfortunately, neither my husband know anything about his aunt-by-marriage.

        Charlotte