HAMULYAK

  • sherryhamlock
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
      Hi,

      Could someone help me translate an Ellis Island record??? Mikaly
      Hamulak....Austrian, Polish, last residence Gliniany??? I believe I
      hit the jackpot he is going to Olyphant Penslyvania and this is where
      my Grandparents lived! Any help reading the document would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Sherry
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
        Sherry,
        My parents were born and raised in Olyphant, PA. My Mother turned 90 Feb. 23. Family names: Mojher and Huray / Huraj.
        What is it that you want to know about the Ellis Island record? I looked at the Ship's Manifest and it is in English. He declared himself Austrian and his nationality Polish. Last Residence was Gliniany. He came in with $7. And was joining his brother in Olyphant. The spelling of the brothers name is difficult to read. Also hard to read are the last columns where they asked if he was institutionalized.
        There is a Gliniany, Poland, digital coordinates 50.93 N by 21.63 E. It is about half way between Warsaw and the Slovak border. If you have Google Earth you can be taken to it. There is even a photograph.
        Michael Mojher

      • johnqadam@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
          >>> And was joining his brother in Olyphant. The spelling of the
          brothers name is difficult to read. <<<

          I read it as brother-in law, Jozef Hinko. Otherwise, agreed.