[S-R] Re: Fw: Ruska Vola

  • pabasia
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 2, 2009
      Caye,
      I agree it will be fun to discover, anything, but I think it is going
      to be almost impossible. I found my grandfather's brother and two
      sisters manifests from Ellis Island, but nothing on him or my
      grandmother (I know the first time she came she was single, the
      second with my mom and married and I found that one).
      Perhaps they came through another port. I remember looking for my
      father's father, I read every suggestion that Ellis Island suggested,
      everyday for almost two months and I finally found him. Maybe I will
      have to do the same thing for them, especially since I'm not sure
      when they came, one thing is, I'm not a quitter, I'm too curious to
      give up.
      It's nice to know there are people out there like this board who can
      offer suggestions. I thank you all.
      Basia. Original Message -----
      From: Caye Caswick
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...>
      wrote:

      > I absolutely LOVE discovering these types of mysteries -- it could
      be anything from death during the war to illegitimate children to
      having to convert from Judiasm to Christianity, but it'll be fun
      discovering.

      > Welcome and good luck with your search, Basia.

    • Charlotte Conjelko
      Message 34 of 34 , May 1, 2009
        Basia,
        I was just clearing out old emails and found yours.  Did you every hear from anyone named Conjelko other than me about Anna Chupinka?  Unfortunately, neither my husband know anything about his aunt-by-marriage.

        Charlotte