RE: [S-R] Re: Family Research Lohan / Sinko

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 1, 2009
      Correction: That first passport number, 1931, was #345516, not 345510.

      It would probably be a good idea to check with the State Department to see
      if there is a fee for obtaining the passport application. Somewhere I saw a
      note that there was a charge of $14.00.

      Janet

      _____

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Maryrose campbell
      Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 7:58 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

      Yes he was from the HECKSHERSVILLE PA. And he did marry after he
      immigrated. I do know that he was born in April of 1894. My husband always
      thought that his family came from the UZORROD area of Czechoslovakia.
      I see that you have for his WWII registration as Carles SIMKO- could this be
      the reason we are unable to find anything?
      I appreciate your help on this.
      Thank you

      --- On Sat, 2/28/09, Janet Kozlay <kozlay@verizon.

      From: Janet Kozlay <kozlay@verizon. <mailto:kozlay%40verizon.net> net>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 8:48 AM

      There were nine Hungarians who immigrated through Ellis Island by the name
      of Lohan. They were all from Szatmar county, now in Romania.

      Did Charles marry after he immigrated? Is he the Charles Simko who is in the
      WWII registration as living in "Heckshersville PA" (probably Hockersville) ?
      He was born in 1894 and his wife's name was Julia.

      _____

      From: johnqadam@rogers. <mailto:johnqadam% 40rogers. com> com
      <johnqadam@rogers. <mailto:johnqadam% 40rogers. com> com>
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Family Research
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK- ROOTS%40yahoogro ups.com> yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 10:14 PM

      >>> The only information that I have at this point is that his
      grandfathers name was Charles Sinko and grandmothers was Julia Lohan <<<

      Lohan is supposed to be a Slovak name? Most are Irish on Ellis Island
      listings.

      Sinko is a possibility. Born when approx? Arrived when approx? Lived
      where upon arrival?

      BASIC RESEARCH HELP
      For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
      site at http://www.iabsi com/gen/public/

    • Maryrose campbell
      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 19, 2009
        Thank you

        From: Linda <lr_research@ <mailto:lr_research %40yahoo. com> yahoo.com>
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK- ROOTS%40yahoogro ups.com> yahoogroups. com
        Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 5:46 PM

        Hi, Do you have a copy of Charles' WWII Registration? I can provide the doc
        if you'd like.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com, Maryrose campbell <propertyof5@ ...>
        wrote:

        > they lived in Heckserville PA. Attended Sts Peter an Paul Byzatine
        Catholic Church, Minersville PA. We have checked to see if they have church
        records available but they do not have any listed on the internet-
        > Thank you

        did your relatives live here in America?