Ruska Vola & Leluchow

  • johnqadam@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 1, 2009
      These are the essential facts that you have presented:

      >>> mother who was born in 1915 in Ruska Vola.
      >>> information I have is a birth certificate of my mother from 1915
      that says Ruska Vola
      >>> her mother was Mary Kravec
      >>> On the birth certificate it says her mother was Maria father
      Mihaly Csupinka . . . from Lebuchow [sic], Galicia.
      >>> grandmother's name was Helen Gladic, Gladish or Gladis
      >>> her grandfathers name was (maybe) Michael Kravec.
      >>> I would like to find the name of the church in Ruska Vola and
      possibly contact them

      Lebuchow [sic], Galicia. is now Leluchow, Poland, 1 km from Ruska
      Vola nad Popradom, Slovakia. LDS has church records for Leluchow,
      where you should find Csupinka.

      Ruska Vola nad Popradom on the 1910 map is shown as Popradokros,
      Saros Megye = county.

      Phone listings for Gladis(ova) support this location though are not
      found in Ruska Vola nad Popradom.

      CURRENT MAP

      1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
      The old Hungarian map can be found at:
      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg

      Look in the brown area at top edge of map.

      CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just
      get a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you will
      likely find in church records.

      To locate church records for Ruska Vola nad Popradom use the
      following reference:

      LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
      Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page
      references refer to different religions. Most of these church records
      are available on film via your LDS Family History Center. You may
      find that Ruska Vola nad Popradom folks went to church in Leluchow.
    • Charlotte Conjelko
      Message 34 of 34 , May 1, 2009
        Basia,
        I was just clearing out old emails and found yours.  Did you every hear from anyone named Conjelko other than me about Anna Chupinka?  Unfortunately, neither my husband know anything about his aunt-by-marriage.

        Charlotte