RE: [S-R] {S-R} Varhola CLEVELAND OBIT SITE

  • Julie & Kevin
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 28, 2009
      Here is the site for the obits from Cleveland ...
      http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/html/obit.html?sessionid=01-1580-521478868
      This should work , sorry the 1st one was too long . Try the links for
      keyword with varhol .
      Julie B in NC

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 1, 2009
        Margaret,
        I graduated from high school in 1961 with a Richard Warchola.  We are both from Central City, PA, outside of Johnstown.  He now lives in NJ.
        Charlotte Pribish Conjelko

        Some of my Varhola/Warhola' s may have ended up in Ohio, I need to check that out

        Thanks

        I used to work with an ANDREW WARHOLA, an attorney, in the Lorain County,
        Ohio area.

        Best regards,

        David
        ************ **Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
        neighborhood today.
        (http://yellowpages. aol.com/search? query=Tax+ Return+Preparati on+%26+Filing& ncid=emlcntusyel p00000004)

      • Charlotte Conjelko
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 1, 2009
          Margaret,

          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 1, 2009
            Charlotte,
            You must know my cousin, Andy Muha.? If you still live there and see him or his wife, Mary Ann,
            say hello for me.
            Mike Koschik
            A former Pittsburgher now in Chicago

            From: Margaret Hicks <m-s6hix2@...>

            To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

            Date: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 2:44 PM

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 4, 2009
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Geiss" <tomfgurka@...> wrote:

              I have a little info on him, his parents, date he was born and died but I am looking for his American uncles, aunts, nieces etc. to try to connect him to my Varholas. Since I was a kid my family said we were related.

              I do come from an artistic family, Joseph Plavcan a famous artist, was my mother's cousin. He trained many artists of the day and taught art in an Erie, PA high school. I found some of his work for sale at a studio in Virginia, way out of my budget, but I did copy the pictures for my file, 1 picture is supposed to be his self portrait as a young man.

              Margaret

              Marge,

              > Andy Warhol was born in Pennsylvania of Ruthenian immigrants.
              > Perhaps you've already been to google and looked up "Andy Warhol Biography"?
              > Very informative.
              > Tom

            • szepessnv
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 5, 2009
                Margaret,
                I teach photography at a NJ University - I have a female student whose last name is Warholak- she said is was at one time spelled Varholak and that her family was from "Czechoslovakia"- Please send me your email address and I will forward it to her. She is visiting her Grandmother over spring break so may be able to find more info on her family.
                Kind regards,
                -Wendy
                www.schwabik.com
              • Margaret Hicks
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 6, 2009
                  Thank you for contacting me

                  There are several variations on the name, Varhola, Warhol, Warhola, Warchola, Warholak, etc. I always thought my grand mother was Czech until I learned that that is where some of the town are now but when she was born they were part of Austro-Hungrian Empire.

                  e-mail is m-s6hix2@...

                  Margaret

                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 8, 2009
                    I am working on putting together all the Warcholas / Varholas together with mine. It takes a long time because I do not trust everything that is on LDS, unless someone sends them documentation they do not verify, they are only baptising people. Same as rootsweb, I have found a lot of wrong information out there

                    I just thought all these people were in PA, surprise, surprise. My world is expanding

                    Thank you for the information

                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 12, 2009
                      Margaret,
                      Richard Warchola lives in Ford, NJ.  Do you live in PA?  If so, where?

                      Charlotte Pribish Conjelko
                      Displace Pennsylvanian living in the flatlands of Indiana

                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 12, 2009
                        I was born in Erie, PA but now live in Orlando, Florida

                        Some Warchola/Varhola's went to NJ and stayed, others went to Ohio, other to PA. I need to figure out who are mine

                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 18, 2009
                          There are many so called biographies out there but they have very little information, parents, his birth and death dates and just maybe his brothers and that is it. I need more, like uncles, aunts etc. to try to connect him to my mother.

                          Thanks for the e-mail though

                          Margaret

                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 18, 2009
                              Margaret,
                              Have to this site - http://www.warhola.com/familyalbum.html

                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 18, 2009
                                I have seen a smaller version of this before. But as with other biographies it does not go beyong him and his parents

                                Margaret

                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 27, 2009
                                  have you been on the website below? If not put your sunglasses on, it hurt my eyeballs

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 27, 2009
                                    This web site is fantastic!? It brought back some pleasant memories of my early years in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh.? It turns out I attended the same elementary school as Andy Warhol.? And, as I'd learned earlier from other sources, his family and mine were congregants at the same Byzantine Catholic Church.? Thanks for directing this oldster to this delightful site.
                                    Mike Koschik
                                    Chicago