Re: Fw: Ruska Vola

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 27, 2009
      Caye,

      What "Yahoo Slovak" group did she apply for? On Slovak Roots we have
      no member with "toomany" or "basia" in their email address, nor in the
      list of pending membership applications. Is there a chance you and
      she are confusing Slovak Roots with Slovak World?

      Have her go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1
      and click on the button to the right, "Join this Grouo".

      She can then send us a request and we can sign her up to the group.
      Like all of us, she must have a Yahoo account and password to join. I
      do not want to take any short cuts to membership, so that she is
      assured of knowing how to sign in and use her password.

      Ron
      Ron Matviyak
      Assistant moderator

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:

      > I'm helping Basia subscribe to our group, she was having some
      trouble; in the meanwhile I told her I'd forward her message and
      notify the group to look out for further information from her
      regarding her ancestry (surnames, religion, etc.).

      > I was able to determine that there are at least two Ruska Vola
      locations in Slovakia -- one right on the Polish border just west of
      Bardejov and the other southeast of Presov, so hopefully we will be
      able to narrow it down for her and help her locate other records to
      help her out.

      > Caye

    • Charlotte Conjelko
      Message 34 of 34 , May 1, 2009
        Basia,
        I was just clearing out old emails and found yours.  Did you every hear from anyone named Conjelko other than me about Anna Chupinka?  Unfortunately, neither my husband know anything about his aunt-by-marriage.

        Charlotte