{S-R} Varhola

  • Tom Geiss
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 26, 2009
      Marge,
      Andy Warhol was born in Pennsylvania of Ruthenian immigrants.
      Perhaps you've already been to google and looked up "Andy Warhol Biography"?
      Very informative.
      Tom

    • david1law@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 26, 2009
        I used to work with an ANDREW WARHOLA, an attorney, in the Lorain County,
        Ohio area.

        Best regards,

        David
        **************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
        neighborhood today.

      • Margaret Hicks
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 28, 2009
          Some of my Varhola/Warhola's may have ended up in Ohio, I need to check that out

          Thanks

          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 28, 2009
            Margaret,
            Try this site for Ohio info....
            http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=0 you will see
            maps , above the maps it says ' search for ancestors .... then 'select a
            region .... ' I select all , scroll down to OHIO , try both Varhola you get
            13 & Warhola there are 5 . When you click on a name it gives you the death
            certificate, just click on it , click on the plus (+) sign to increase size.
            You can print it off. Note: usually the informant is a relative .
            Back to the beginning
            Using the 1st ancestor search do your names again , now you get them from
            all over the U.S . including passenger lists. !! For the passenger lists you
            will have to sign in to Ellis Island & create a pass word (free). Now you
            can see the passenger lists too! I am having a time getting the passenger
            lists to match the passengers! You may have to go to the Ellis Island site
            to get them .... http://www.ellisisland.org/search/index.asp You always
            keep the same pass word for sign in,

            and here ....
            http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/Authorize?sessionid=0
            <http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/Authorize?sessionid=0&next=/html/obit.html&dbcho
            ice=1:dbname=necr&bad=html/authofail.html&style=noframe>
            &next=/html/obit.html&dbchoice=1:dbname=necr&bad=html/authofail.html&style=n
            oframe
            Click ' necrology for obits for the Cleveland area. Try name then try
            keyword .. gives relatives connections
            And last the story of Cleveland & the Slovak church & community...
            http://www.slovakinstitute.com/Cleveland.htm
            Julie B in NC

            Some of my Varhola/Warhola's may have ended up in Ohio, I need to check that
            out

            Thanks

            I used to work with an ANDREW WARHOLA, an attorney, in the Lorain County,
            Ohio area.

            Best regards,

            David
            **************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in
            your
            neighborhood today.
            (http://yellowpages.
            <http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=Tax+Return+Preparation+%26+Filing&n
            cid=emlcntusyelp00000004>

            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 28, 2009
              Margaret,
              Me again , try using the surname with out the A at the end .. varhol /
              warhol
              http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/Authorize?sessionid=0
              <http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/Authorize?sessionid=0&next=/html/obit.html&dbcho
              ice=1:dbname=necr&bad=html/authofail.html&style=noframe>
              &next=/html/obit.html&dbchoice=1:dbname=necr&bad=html/authofail.html&style=n
              oframe

              You get more families , try it in all searches. I just thought of it.
              Julie B in NC

              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 28, 2009
                Here is the site for the obits from Cleveland ...
                http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/html/obit.html?sessionid=01-1580-521478868
                This should work , sorry the 1st one was too long . Try the links for
                keyword with varhol .
                Julie B in NC

                Some of my Varhola/Warhola's may have ended up in Ohio, I need to check that
                out

                Thanks

                I used to work with an ANDREW WARHOLA, an attorney, in the Lorain County,
                Ohio area.

                Best regards,

                David
                **************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in
                your
                neighborhood today.
                (http://yellowpages.
                <http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=Tax+Return+Preparation+%26+Filing&n
                cid=emlcntusyelp00000004>
                aol.com/search?query=Tax+Return+Preparation+%26+Filing&ncid=emlcntusyelp0000
                0004)

              • Charlotte Conjelko
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 1 1:22 PM
                  Margaret,
                  I graduated from high school in 1961 with a Richard Warchola.  We are both from Central City, PA, outside of Johnstown.  He now lives in NJ.
                  Charlotte Pribish Conjelko

                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 1 1:22 PM

                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 1 4:08 PM
                      Charlotte,
                      You must know my cousin, Andy Muha.? If you still live there and see him or his wife, Mary Ann,
                      say hello for me.
                      Mike Koschik
                      A former Pittsburgher now in Chicago

                      From: Margaret Hicks <m-s6hix2@...>

                      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

                      Date: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 2:44 PM

                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 4 5:38 PM
                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Geiss" <tomfgurka@...> wrote:

                        I have a little info on him, his parents, date he was born and died but I am looking for his American uncles, aunts, nieces etc. to try to connect him to my Varholas. Since I was a kid my family said we were related.

                        I do come from an artistic family, Joseph Plavcan a famous artist, was my mother's cousin. He trained many artists of the day and taught art in an Erie, PA high school. I found some of his work for sale at a studio in Virginia, way out of my budget, but I did copy the pictures for my file, 1 picture is supposed to be his self portrait as a young man.

                        Margaret

                        Marge,

                        > Andy Warhol was born in Pennsylvania of Ruthenian immigrants.
                        > Perhaps you've already been to google and looked up "Andy Warhol Biography"?
                        > Very informative.
                        > Tom

                      • szepessnv
                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 5 3:21 PM
                          Margaret,
                          I teach photography at a NJ University - I have a female student whose last name is Warholak- she said is was at one time spelled Varholak and that her family was from "Czechoslovakia"- Please send me your email address and I will forward it to her. She is visiting her Grandmother over spring break so may be able to find more info on her family.
                          Kind regards,
                          -Wendy
                          www.schwabik.com
                        • Margaret Hicks
                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 6 1:24 PM
                            Thank you for contacting me

                            There are several variations on the name, Varhola, Warhol, Warhola, Warchola, Warholak, etc. I always thought my grand mother was Czech until I learned that that is where some of the town are now but when she was born they were part of Austro-Hungrian Empire.

                            e-mail is m-s6hix2@...

                            Margaret

                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 8 9:41 AM
                              I am working on putting together all the Warcholas / Varholas together with mine. It takes a long time because I do not trust everything that is on LDS, unless someone sends them documentation they do not verify, they are only baptising people. Same as rootsweb, I have found a lot of wrong information out there

                              I just thought all these people were in PA, surprise, surprise. My world is expanding

                              Thank you for the information

                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 12 6:42 PM
                                Margaret,
                                Richard Warchola lives in Ford, NJ.  Do you live in PA?  If so, where?

                                Charlotte Pribish Conjelko
                                Displace Pennsylvanian living in the flatlands of Indiana

                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 12 7:43 PM
                                  I was born in Erie, PA but now live in Orlando, Florida

                                  Some Warchola/Varhola's went to NJ and stayed, others went to Ohio, other to PA. I need to figure out who are mine

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 18 2:13 PM
                                    There are many so called biographies out there but they have very little information, parents, his birth and death dates and just maybe his brothers and that is it. I need more, like uncles, aunts etc. to try to connect him to my mother.

                                    Thanks for the e-mail though

                                    Margaret

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Mar 18 4:25 PM
                                        Margaret,
                                        Have to this site - http://www.warhola.com/familyalbum.html

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Mar 18 7:49 PM
                                          I have seen a smaller version of this before. But as with other biographies it does not go beyong him and his parents

                                          Margaret

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Mar 27 3:39 PM
                                            have you been on the website below? If not put your sunglasses on, it hurt my eyeballs

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Mar 27 6:09 PM
                                              This web site is fantastic!? It brought back some pleasant memories of my early years in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh.? It turns out I attended the same elementary school as Andy Warhol.? And, as I'd learned earlier from other sources, his family and mine were congregants at the same Byzantine Catholic Church.? Thanks for directing this oldster to this delightful site.
                                              Mike Koschik
                                              Chicago