(RE) searching for relatives

  • Tom Geiss
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2009
      Michael, I couldn't help noticing the surname KOCIS.
      A Michael Kocis was the husband of my grandmother's aunt, MARIA GURKO, when they had a child named Anna in1869, in Spisska Nova Ves, not far south of Hromos.
      Just a long shot, but maybe there's a connection??
      Tom

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2009
        Dear Tom,
        My paternal surnames are Scerbak and Mojher / Mojher.
        The Kocis family name is common. The online telephone directory has over 600 listings.
        There is a Kocis family in Hromos. But they are the only one in the area. A Jozef Mojcher in the 1870's married a Ilona Kosis and they had four children that I have found.
        Michael