Re: [S-R] Sheppton or Oneida, PA - YURKO SURNAME

  • Helen Ruatti
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009
      Hi Linda,

      I never tried Zurko to see if I could find a match. The other surnames in
      your list do not match any of mine.

      Maria Jurko (Yurko) was the name of her oldest child when she came to the US
      in 1905. My great grandmother's first name was wrong on the passenger list
      but she came under the surname of Merzitan. She came from Humenne, Zemplin.
      I wrote to the Humenne archives and they could not find anything under
      Jurko, Yurko or Merzitan. Her age differs on every place it is listed. She
      was born around 1860 and died in Buffalo, NY in 1944.

      They lived in and around Pittsburgh - Rankin and Aliquippa.

      Any connections?

      Helen Ruatti