RE: [S-R] Can someone translate please??

  • Armata, Joseph R
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
      Close! She says her grandmother (moja babcia) comes from Kretowce, and her grandmother's parents (jej rodzice) are Tekla and Karol Gretkiewewicz. So Tekla and Karol are Beata's great-grandparents.

      Joe

    • dulli862@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
        Thanks Joe!! I really appreciate it!!

        Barb
        steps!
        %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)

      • dulli862@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
          Joe, Could Karol be Carolus on old documents?

          Basia

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
            Joe,

            Can you help me respond to this woman? What would this be in Polish ? I
            tried the Polish translator online but it doesn't come close to being correct.

            Beata,

            I have a record for Carolus Gretkierewicz and I will send it to you. Is this
            your grandfather? We may be distantly related. He lived in house # 93.

            Basia
            steps!
            %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)

          • Joe Armata
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
              Yes, Karol in Polish would be Carolus in Latin (Charles in English).
              Here's what the Polish for what you wrote (by the way, the Google
              translator is really not too bad for the most part:
              translate.google.com. Its Polish translation of what you wrote has
              grammatical errors, but it would be perfectly understandable to a Pole.)

              Pani Beaciu,

              Mam akt Karola Gretkiewicza, ktory posle do Pani. Czy jest to Pani
              dziadkiem? Moglybysmy jakos spokrewnione. Mieszkal on w domu Nr. 93.
              Pozdrawiam,

              Basia

            • dulli862@aol.com