Can someone translate please??

  • dulli862
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
      Hej moja babcia pohodzi z kretowiec jej rodzice to Tekla i Karol
      Gretkierewicz. Dziêki za email Beata

      I believe she is saying that her grandmother and grandfather were from
      Kretowce and their names were Tekla and Karol Gretkierewicz . Am I
      right?
    • Armata, Joseph R
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
        Close! She says her grandmother (moja babcia) comes from Kretowce, and her grandmother's parents (jej rodzice) are Tekla and Karol Gretkiewewicz. So Tekla and Karol are Beata's great-grandparents.

        Joe

      • dulli862@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
          Thanks Joe!! I really appreciate it!!

          Barb
          steps!
          %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)

        • dulli862@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
            Joe, Could Karol be Carolus on old documents?

            Basia

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
              Joe,

              Can you help me respond to this woman? What would this be in Polish ? I
              tried the Polish translator online but it doesn't come close to being correct.

              Beata,

              I have a record for Carolus Gretkierewicz and I will send it to you. Is this
              your grandfather? We may be distantly related. He lived in house # 93.

              Basia
              steps!
              %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)

            • Joe Armata
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 18, 2009
                Yes, Karol in Polish would be Carolus in Latin (Charles in English).
                Here's what the Polish for what you wrote (by the way, the Google
                translator is really not too bad for the most part:
                translate.google.com. Its Polish translation of what you wrote has
                grammatical errors, but it would be perfectly understandable to a Pole.)

                Pani Beaciu,

                Mam akt Karola Gretkiewicza, ktory posle do Pani. Czy jest to Pani
                dziadkiem? Moglybysmy jakos spokrewnione. Mieszkal on w domu Nr. 93.
                Pozdrawiam,

                Basia

              • dulli862@aol.com