Birthdays are not a big deal

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2009
      As late as the 1940s, birthdates are uncertain. I am presently
      corresponding with a woman from my village who writes me,

      "Even my mom who was born in 1940 doesn't know her exact birth date. She was
      born in the field and by the time the date was
      written into books few days passed, so she was born either on April 14, 15
      or 16, 1940. Granted it was during the war (and she was 7th in the
      line), but still it was already almost a middle of 20th century."

      So don't get too stressed if you see a lack of precision in dates.

      Bill