Re: [S-R] Churches in Scranton, Pa

  • Joann P
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 12 3:30 PM
      If you want to contact me off the group you can reach me at joannp1@...

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Joann P
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Churches in Scranton, Pa

      Hi Robin:

      I looked up the address for St Marys and it came up in Dickinson City and I didn't know if that was the same one. I want to call the churches first to see if they will help so I need phone numbers and addresses. I was going to get in touch with Rich Custer, but it has been so long since he sent me information that I lost his e-mail address. If you could be of help I would appreciate it!

      Joann

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14 3:53 PM
        Joann,
        Rev. Andrew Bartek is the priest at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Scranton.  The church's address is 621 Vine St., Scranton 18150.  The phone number: 570/344-5917.  Fr. Andrew's email address is: frandrewb@.....

        If anyone else needs information churches in the American Carpatho-Russian Diocese, I have an annual.

        Charlotte Pribish Conjelko

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 14 3:59 PM
          Joann,
          I just noticed this email about St. Mary's in Dickson City which also is an American Carpatho-Russian Diocese church.  The priest is Fr. Ronald Kovac and his number is 570/489-7023.  The address is 522 Main  St., DC 18519

          Charlotte

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14 5:06 PM
            Rich Custer is at the following email address

            rcuster [at] erols [dot] com

            Bill

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 14 7:15 PM
              Thank you all for the help!!

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 15 12:31 AM
                Hi Charlotte:

                I'm not sure if I have written before but when I saw the surname PRIBISH, I
                immediately recognized it because it is the maiden name of one of my sister's
                best friends, JOANNE THOMPSON (nee PRIBISH). She is in the Cleveland, Ohio.
                If you need a connection to her, please let me know and I would be happy to
                put you in touch with her.

                Sincerely,

                David
                **************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
                (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)

              • Charlotte Conjelko
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 15 5:49 PM
                  David,
                  I'm not aware of any related Pribishes in Ohio.  I do know that there are some in the hard coal region of PA who are distant relatives.  I would be interested in finding out whether Joanne's roots are in Jakubany which is where  my paternal grandfather was from.  Please have her contact me.

                  I just started to research my family and was fortunate enough google Jakubany, SK and ran into Ron Cieslak's website. He sent me a pedigree chart of  my grandfather.  Now I just have turn that into a family tree.

                  Thanks for the info,