Re: [S-R] Churches in Scranton, Pa

  • Joann P
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 12, 2009
      Hi Robin:

      I looked up the address for St Marys and it came up in Dickinson City and I didn't know if that was the same one. I want to call the churches first to see if they will help so I need phone numbers and addresses. I was going to get in touch with Rich Custer, but it has been so long since he sent me information that I lost his e-mail address. If you could be of help I would appreciate it!

      Joann

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 12, 2009
        If you want to contact me off the group you can reach me at joannp1@...

[...]

      • Charlotte Conjelko
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
          Joann,
          Rev. Andrew Bartek is the priest at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Scranton.  The church's address is 621 Vine St., Scranton 18150.  The phone number: 570/344-5917.  Fr. Andrew's email address is: frandrewb@.....

          If anyone else needs information churches in the American Carpatho-Russian Diocese, I have an annual.

          Charlotte Pribish Conjelko

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
            Joann,
            I just noticed this email about St. Mary's in Dickson City which also is an American Carpatho-Russian Diocese church.  The priest is Fr. Ronald Kovac and his number is 570/489-7023.  The address is 522 Main  St., DC 18519

            Charlotte

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
              Rich Custer is at the following email address

              rcuster [at] erols [dot] com

              Bill

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
                Thank you all for the help!!

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 15, 2009
                  Hi Charlotte:

                  I'm not sure if I have written before but when I saw the surname PRIBISH, I
                  immediately recognized it because it is the maiden name of one of my sister's
                  best friends, JOANNE THOMPSON (nee PRIBISH). She is in the Cleveland, Ohio.
                  If you need a connection to her, please let me know and I would be happy to
                  put you in touch with her.

                  Sincerely,

                  David
                  **************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
                  (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)

                • Charlotte Conjelko
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 15, 2009
                    David,
                    I'm not aware of any related Pribishes in Ohio.  I do know that there are some in the hard coal region of PA who are distant relatives.  I would be interested in finding out whether Joanne's roots are in Jakubany which is where  my paternal grandfather was from.  Please have her contact me.

                    I just started to research my family and was fortunate enough google Jakubany, SK and ran into Ron Cieslak's website. He sent me a pedigree chart of  my grandfather.  Now I just have turn that into a family tree.

                    Thanks for the info,