Re: [S-R] Churches in Scranton, Pa

  • Robin
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 12, 2009
      Hi,

      I live in Dickson city Pa which is near Scranton......I may be able to help you out!!!

      Robin

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 12, 2009
        Hi Robin:

        I looked up the address for St Marys and it came up in Dickinson City and I didn't know if that was the same one. I want to call the churches first to see if they will help so I need phone numbers and addresses. I was going to get in touch with Rich Custer, but it has been so long since he sent me information that I lost his e-mail address. If you could be of help I would appreciate it!

        Joann

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 12, 2009
          If you want to contact me off the group you can reach me at joannp1@...

[...]

        • Charlotte Conjelko
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
            Joann,
            Rev. Andrew Bartek is the priest at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Scranton.  The church's address is 621 Vine St., Scranton 18150.  The phone number: 570/344-5917.  Fr. Andrew's email address is: frandrewb@.....

            If anyone else needs information churches in the American Carpatho-Russian Diocese, I have an annual.

            Charlotte Pribish Conjelko

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
              Joann,
              I just noticed this email about St. Mary's in Dickson City which also is an American Carpatho-Russian Diocese church.  The priest is Fr. Ronald Kovac and his number is 570/489-7023.  The address is 522 Main  St., DC 18519

              Charlotte

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
                Rich Custer is at the following email address

                rcuster [at] erols [dot] com

                Bill

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
                  Thank you all for the help!!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 15, 2009
                    Hi Charlotte:

                    I'm not sure if I have written before but when I saw the surname PRIBISH, I
                    immediately recognized it because it is the maiden name of one of my sister's
                    best friends, JOANNE THOMPSON (nee PRIBISH). She is in the Cleveland, Ohio.
                    If you need a connection to her, please let me know and I would be happy to
                    put you in touch with her.

                    Sincerely,

                    David
                    **************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
                    (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)

                  • Charlotte Conjelko
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 15, 2009
                      David,
                      I'm not aware of any related Pribishes in Ohio.  I do know that there are some in the hard coal region of PA who are distant relatives.  I would be interested in finding out whether Joanne's roots are in Jakubany which is where  my paternal grandfather was from.  Please have her contact me.

                      I just started to research my family and was fortunate enough google Jakubany, SK and ran into Ron Cieslak's website. He sent me a pedigree chart of  my grandfather.  Now I just have turn that into a family tree.

                      Thanks for the info,