Churches in Scranton, Pa

  • Joann P
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 12, 2009
      I am looking for information from St Mary's Greek Catholic Church in
      Scranton, Pa. St. John's Greek Catholic Church and St. Nicholas
      Orthodox Greek Catholic Church in Scranton.

      Several years ago I had received some info from Rich Custer and it did
      not seem linked to my family in any way, but now it is!! I do have the
      info that Rich sent me but I need to investigate more. I need some
      addresses for these churches so I can write to them.

      The family name I am researching is Petsko, Pecka, Peszka Peczko and
      Slyvych, Slivics.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Joann

    • Robin
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 12, 2009
        Hi,

        I live in Dickson city Pa which is near Scranton......I may be able to help you out!!!

        Robin

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 12, 2009
          Hi Robin:

          I looked up the address for St Marys and it came up in Dickinson City and I didn't know if that was the same one. I want to call the churches first to see if they will help so I need phone numbers and addresses. I was going to get in touch with Rich Custer, but it has been so long since he sent me information that I lost his e-mail address. If you could be of help I would appreciate it!

          Joann

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 12, 2009
            If you want to contact me off the group you can reach me at joannp1@...

[...]

          • Charlotte Conjelko
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
              Joann,
              Rev. Andrew Bartek is the priest at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Scranton.  The church's address is 621 Vine St., Scranton 18150.  The phone number: 570/344-5917.  Fr. Andrew's email address is: frandrewb@.....

              If anyone else needs information churches in the American Carpatho-Russian Diocese, I have an annual.

              Charlotte Pribish Conjelko

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
                Joann,
                I just noticed this email about St. Mary's in Dickson City which also is an American Carpatho-Russian Diocese church.  The priest is Fr. Ronald Kovac and his number is 570/489-7023.  The address is 522 Main  St., DC 18519

                Charlotte

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
                  Rich Custer is at the following email address

                  rcuster [at] erols [dot] com

                  Bill

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
                    Thank you all for the help!!

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 15, 2009
                      Hi Charlotte:

                      I'm not sure if I have written before but when I saw the surname PRIBISH, I
                      immediately recognized it because it is the maiden name of one of my sister's
                      best friends, JOANNE THOMPSON (nee PRIBISH). She is in the Cleveland, Ohio.
                      If you need a connection to her, please let me know and I would be happy to
                      put you in touch with her.

                      Sincerely,

                      David
                      **************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
                      (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)

                    • Charlotte Conjelko
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 15, 2009
                        David,
                        I'm not aware of any related Pribishes in Ohio.  I do know that there are some in the hard coal region of PA who are distant relatives.  I would be interested in finding out whether Joanne's roots are in Jakubany which is where  my paternal grandfather was from.  Please have her contact me.

                        I just started to research my family and was fortunate enough google Jakubany, SK and ran into Ron Cieslak's website. He sent me a pedigree chart of  my grandfather.  Now I just have turn that into a family tree.

                        Thanks for the info,