Re: [S-R] Researching in Saros

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2009
      Hi Mary:

      What surnames and what villages are you searching in SARIS (SAROS)? I have
      ancestors in Vitaz (Nagy Vitez), Dolina, Ovcie (Kis Vitez) in the SIROKE
      parish and nearby villages in the Saris Highlands -- between Presov and Branisko
      Mountain. Some of the surnames in my direct lineage in this area are BALOG
      (BALOGH, BALOGA, and other variants in spelling), TOMASOV, JURASKO, but I've
      done some cluster genealogy so there are a lot of other surnames -- too many
      to list -- in my extended family.

      Best regards,

      David Baloga
      **************Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on
      AOL Music.
      (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000003)

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2009
        Well there are 174 videos of mine on YOU TUBE:
        http://www.youtube.com/vladi49 and they have been viewed by 320000
        viewers so far as of today.

        You can also GOOGLE Vladi49 and find where in the world are all the
        links to them

        I have produced 93 VHS videos of Slovak folklore and culture between
        years 1989-2005

        2006 38 DVD's of FOLKLORE SONGS AND DANCES

        2007 21 DVD's of FOLKLORE SONGS AND DANCES

        2008 33 DVD's of FOLKLORE SONGS AND DANCES

        That adds up to 185 TITLES

        Email me for info, we can talk folklore.

        I am going to the printers soon with spring issue of SLOVAK HERITAGE
        LIVE starting our 17th year of publishing.

        You can get a free issue if you want, providing you didn't get a free
        issue before.

        Send in your snail mail.

        No problem of sending PDF to anybody even to the previous recipients
        of free issue.

        I am off to Slovakia February 21, my 48th trip since 1987. Last one
        was September 2008. If you need anything, research, videos or pictures,
        email me at: vlinder49@...

        Vladi
      • Lisa Marzonie
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
          Yes, Mary in Phoenix, we have yet to be able to get to a family history center and order the tapes. We are looking for MACURA (Macurova = feminine form) family members from Sarisske Jastrabie. Also HRITZ (maybe spelled HRIC) and RUHALA families. These families may be in Sarisske Jastrabie (Jastreb), or I've been told that I may find some of them in Kyjov which is very near (within walking distance) of Jastrabie. I believe they were all Byzantine/Greek Catholic. Thanks for your generosity!!!!To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.comFrom: deeprootsaz@...: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 07:38:07 +0000Subject: [S-R] Researching in Saros

          Hello,
          This is Mary in Phoenix.
          I am researching in Saros and have the films for my villages.
          Anyone else out there searching in Saros? Please email me off list.
          Thanks.
          deeprootsaz@...