Re: [S-R] Slightly off topic -- Czech records online

  • lkonecny@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
      Any suggestions on searching Western Slovakia areas such as the village
      Kopcany?

      Lynn

      In a message dated 2/2/2009 4:27:32 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      anabeth@... writes:

      Received this message from someone on the Brezova mailing list:

      "For those who may also have relatives from Bohemia, they are in the
      process of photographing the old church registers of Southern Bohemia,
      and organizing them by village name. They are organized by village
      name and many of the records are indexed by family name. They add
      several new villages every couple of weeks.

      The web page is _http://digi.http://digi.http://dihttp://digi.http_
      (http://digi.ceskearchivy.cz/index.php?doctree=1nrd)

      The records are in Czech and the older ones are in Latin, some going
      back to the mid-late 1600s. You can click on the picture of the
      British flag to display the web pages in English.

      Look for the alphabetical listing of the villages of your ancestors.
      Click on it and the original church register will open. You can zoom
      in and out as well."

      Anabeth

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
        As of December, the FHL indicated they are still filming in that region.
        There have been some missteps. I would estimate that in the spring/summer
        they may be available.

        If you do not want to wait, you can always hire a researcher.

        My cross references indicates that the later RC records are in the primary
        file.

        RC records to 1861 are with HOLIC
        Jewish records are with HOLIC &VRADISTE

        The 1869 Census contains Kopcany and can be accessed via FHL films.

        Bill

      • dulli862@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
          I guess they haven't filmed Ratbor, Kolin or Korenice as yet.

          Basia
          net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)

        • lkonecny@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
            Thank you for the information. I'll be patent and wait until spring/summer.
            Lynn