PLAVCAN obit

  • Dee
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
      To go along with the PLAVCAN discussion; here is a recent obit from Bridgeport CT. The PLAVCAN name is not uncommon in this area. Maybe some collateral lines can be found from this obit.

      Adzima Funeral Home
      Michael Plavcan
       (October 31, 1917 - January 28, 2009)

       Michael Plavcan age 91 of Stratford passed away on Wednesday January 28, 2009 in St. Joseph’s Manor Trumbull. Mr. Plavcan, a retired mechanic for AVCO was born in Sharpeville, Pennsylvania to the late George and Anna (Kraynak) Plavcan and has been a long time area resident. He was a member of the Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church of St. John the Baptist Bridgeport where he was a former officer. He was also a member of St. John’s Male Chorus and Seniors and was a member of the Board of Directors of St. John’s Cemetery. Survivors include his beloved wife Helen Kostik Plavcan, his devoted daughter Helen Villarreal of Stratford, his cherished granddaughters Jennifer Villarreal-Morrison and her husband Gregory and Rebecca Villarreal, his former son-in-law Fred Villarreal all of Texas, a sister Susan Macura of Slovakia and several nieces and nephews. He was pre-deceased by brothers Joseph and Peter and sisters Helen and Anna. Funeral services will take place on Saturday January 31st at 9:15 a.m. in the Adzima Funeral Home 50 Paradise Green Place Stratford and at 10 a.m. in the Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church of St. John the Baptist for a Requiem Funeral Service. Interment will be in St. John’s Cemetery Stratford. Friends20may call on Friday from 3-6 p.m. Panachida will be at 4:30 p.m. In lieu of flowers those desiring may make donations to St. John’s Church or to the Alzheimer’s Association 279 New Britain Road Suite #5 Kensington, CT. 06037

      Dee
      cpramuka@...

    • Margaret Hicks
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
        thank you for sending this to me. I know there were a lot of Plavcan in NJ, my grandmother may have gone there before she settled in PA. I have looked at some stuff in NJ but could not find much. I think my biggest problem is not subscribing to a paid genealogy site, even if one says free, you search and find a name, click it and it sends you to ancestry, footnote, etc.

        Margaert