[S-R] Re: Lipyanic - Strihorviski

  • Carl Kotlarchik
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hi Sandra,
      I think you are spelling the town name incorrectly which is why it
      isn't coming up for you in the LDS catalog. The town is Pechujfalu
      with a "j" not Pechuifalu. Using this spelling, I got the following
      film numbers for the Catholic church records:

      Authors Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Peèovská Nova(Sabinov)
      (Main Author)
      Note Location
      Film
      Krsty 1699-1743 Uzavreté manželstvá 1708 Uzavreté manželstvá 1716-
      1718 Krsty 1846 Krsty 1843-1845 Úmrtia 1729-1750 FHL INTL Film
      1793221 Items 3-4

      Úmrtia 1750-1805 Uzavreté manželstvá 1729-1804 Konvertiti 1826-1866
      Uzavreté manželstvá 1779 Konvertiti 1728-1824 Krsty 1745-1829
      Birmovaní 1836, 1749, 1805, 1825 Zoznam kòazov 1699-1890 Krsty 1830-
      1854 FHL INTL Film
      1793222
      Krsty 1854-1871 Birmovaní 1914, 1851 Úmrtia 1853-1871 Birmovaní 1878,
      1888, 1906 Dáta snúbencov 1908-1915 Birmovaní 1922, 1927, 1932 Krsty
      1872-1879 Úmrtia 1872-1879 Uzavreté manželstvá 1872-1887 Krsty 1879-
      1891 FHL INTL Film
      1793223
      Krsty 1891-1896 Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1865 Krsty,
      uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1868 Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia
      1870 Krsty 1876-1895 Uzavreté manželstvá 1876-1884 Uzavreté
      manželstvá 1887-1892 Uzavreté manželstvá 1894-1895 Úmrtia 1886, 1874
      Úmrtia 1876-1884 Úmrtia 1886-1895 FHL INTL Film
      1793224 Items 1-3

      So, I would recommend starting with film number 1793224 which has
      birth, marriage and death records for the late 1800's. If your
      grandfather was born around 1888, you should be able to find his
      baptism records on this film. If this is the correct church, you can
      then follow his parents back with their marriage records etc. If you
      get lucky, looks like you might be able to go all the way back to
      1699 in earlier films. The film number you listed in your message is
      for the 1869 census for that village. I'd wait to order this until
      you find your family in the church records. That way you will know
      which individuals that have your surname are your direct ancestors.
      Too bad you can't change your email address because the site won't
      show it in your message. If you email me using my email on the site,
      I'll be able to return messages to you directly off site.
      Good luck,
      CK

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra Husted" <sandra@...>
      wrote:

      > Carl, you have been so helpful! My grandparents religion is
      Catholic, so that must be Roman Catholic. I'm having trouble finding
      information on Pechuifalu on the LDS library using Keyword. But,
      before I was searching around in website (can't remember how I got
      there) but I was using Pecovska Nova Ves, 1869 census, Roman
      Catholic. This got me to FHL film 2150624 item 2, don't know if
      thats correct. I would like to order but I don't want to order the
      wrong one. Tried to fix my default email address on yahoo, but was
      unsuccessful. My email address is: sandra@... . I would really
      appreciate it if you could send me that film information you
      mentioned. I find it difficult to remember, back track where I
      already did reseach, I get so confused. But, very rewarding when I
      find something. Thanks again CK and slovak-roots.
      > Sandy

      Matej
      > Lyijeyanyeck and you will find Mathew and Irene in those records.
      >
      > The spelling of the names may give you a clue as to how Mathew is
      > listed on his immigration records. I tried several variations but
      > could not find them. It appears that Mathew married Irene here in
      > the States. If so, it is puzzling why her immigration records
      don't
      > appear under the name Iren Strihorviski. But I couldn't find her
      > either.
      >
      > You can order the film of the church records for Pecovaska Nova
      Ves
      > from the LDS. What was your families religion? Since your
      > family came around 1907, the town would have had a Hungarian name
      at
      > that time. It was called Pecsujfalu and also Pechujfalu. Here is
      the
      > link to the LDS library index:
      > http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
      > Do a Keyword search on the name Pechujfalu. If they
      > were Roman Catholic, they list the films for that town and also
      the
      > 1869 census. If they were some other religion, they might have
      > attended church in Sabinov so search on that that town for the
      > location of the correct religion of your family.
      > Once you find the films you want, you will have to go to a Family
      > History Center and order them from Utah. When they arrive, you
      can
      > use their readers to review the films.
      > I tried to send you the film information but your email address
      here
      > at Slovak Roots must be incorrect because the mail bounces.
      > CK
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra Husted" <sandra@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Thank you so much for this information, with all the different
      > spellings of last names. I would really like to pursue this, how
      do
      > I get records from LDS Family History Center? I am so new at
      this.
      > > Thanks, Sandy

      Irene.