Re: [S-R] Re: Lipyanic - Strihorviski

  • Sandra Husted
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      Carl, you have been so helpful! My grandparents religion is Catholic, so that must be Roman Catholic. I'm having trouble finding information on Pechuifalu on the LDS library using Keyword. But, before I was searching around in website (can't remember how I got there) but I was using Pecovska Nova Ves, 1869 census, Roman Catholic. This got me to FHL film 2150624 item 2, don't know if thats correct. I would like to order but I don't want to order the wrong one. Tried to fix my default email address on yahoo, but was unsuccessful. My email address is: sandra@... . I would really appreciate it if you could send me that film information you mentioned. I find it difficult to remember, back track where I already did reseach, I get so confused. But, very rewarding when I find something. Thanks again CK and slovak-roots.
      Sandy

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
        Hi Sandra,
        I think you are spelling the town name incorrectly which is why it
        isn't coming up for you in the LDS catalog. The town is Pechujfalu
        with a "j" not Pechuifalu. Using this spelling, I got the following
        film numbers for the Catholic church records:

        Authors Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Peèovská Nova(Sabinov)
        (Main Author)
        Note Location
        Film
        Krsty 1699-1743 Uzavreté manželstvá 1708 Uzavreté manželstvá 1716-
        1718 Krsty 1846 Krsty 1843-1845 Úmrtia 1729-1750 FHL INTL Film
        1793221 Items 3-4

        Úmrtia 1750-1805 Uzavreté manželstvá 1729-1804 Konvertiti 1826-1866
        Uzavreté manželstvá 1779 Konvertiti 1728-1824 Krsty 1745-1829
        Birmovaní 1836, 1749, 1805, 1825 Zoznam kòazov 1699-1890 Krsty 1830-
        1854 FHL INTL Film
        1793222
        Krsty 1854-1871 Birmovaní 1914, 1851 Úmrtia 1853-1871 Birmovaní 1878,
        1888, 1906 Dáta snúbencov 1908-1915 Birmovaní 1922, 1927, 1932 Krsty
        1872-1879 Úmrtia 1872-1879 Uzavreté manželstvá 1872-1887 Krsty 1879-
        1891 FHL INTL Film
        1793223
        Krsty 1891-1896 Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1865 Krsty,
        uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1868 Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia
        1870 Krsty 1876-1895 Uzavreté manželstvá 1876-1884 Uzavreté
        manželstvá 1887-1892 Uzavreté manželstvá 1894-1895 Úmrtia 1886, 1874
        Úmrtia 1876-1884 Úmrtia 1886-1895 FHL INTL Film
        1793224 Items 1-3

        So, I would recommend starting with film number 1793224 which has
        birth, marriage and death records for the late 1800's. If your
        grandfather was born around 1888, you should be able to find his
        baptism records on this film. If this is the correct church, you can
        then follow his parents back with their marriage records etc. If you
        get lucky, looks like you might be able to go all the way back to
        1699 in earlier films. The film number you listed in your message is
        for the 1869 census for that village. I'd wait to order this until
        you find your family in the church records. That way you will know
        which individuals that have your surname are your direct ancestors.
        Too bad you can't change your email address because the site won't
        show it in your message. If you email me using my email on the site,
        I'll be able to return messages to you directly off site.