Re: I'm a new mwmber and wanted to say hi

  • margesonny
    Message 1 of 55 , Jan 31, 2009
      In a previous message, several weeks ago, I had given to another
      person the names of both husbands and all of her children including
      dates of birth and where born.

      I need to pull my master Plavcan file and see if I have earlier
      census records. I do not belong to any paid genealogy site and have
      to go to the library and use ancestry.com there. I do not go there
      very often.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Curt Bochanyin" <curt67boc@...>
      wrote:

      > Margaret,
      > When you ask for help, please be sure to include all helpful
      > information. You have neglected to mention your grandmother married
      > first a Varhola (Warhola) in the U.S. and had several children.
      Then
      > later a Joseph Parra and had more children. I found her as Anna
      > Parra in the 1930 census. It is here that she claims immigration
      in
      > 1906. Have you found her in the censuses of 1910 and 1920???
      >
      > If you don't mention these things, the paths you have already
      taken,
      > and what you discovered, all our assistance is in vain or wasted
      time.

      > Curt B.
      >
      > - In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "margesonny" <m-s6hix2@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Caye,
      > >
      > > Just noticed in my original e-mail I said FDL, that should have
      > been
      > > FHL,family history library.
      > >
      > > 1. She was born in Orlov
      > > 2. She was born 12/22/1888
      > > 3. My mother, her daughter, says she came in 1906
      > > 4. Greek Catholic
      > > 5. No obituary but I have her death certificate
      > > 5. I have hames of both husbands and all of her children
      > >
      > > I have been trying for many many years to find out when she came
      > > here, where she was until she had my mother. If she came in 1906
      > and
      > > had her first child in 1916 where was she for 10 years, as a
      single
      > > woman.
      > >
      > > Margaret
      > >

      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Margaret:
      > > >
      > > > I'll try to help, but first:
      > > >
      > > > 1)   what village was she from;
      > > > 2)   about what year was she born;
      > > > 3)   about what year did she come to US;
      > > > 4)   what religion was she;
      > > > 5)   do you have her obituary;
      > > > 6)   have you found her in the 1930 US census (husband's name,
      > > childrens' names, etc.).
      > > >
      > > > Any of the above information would be helpful.
      > > >
      > > > Caye

      Plavcan
      > variation
      > > of

    • Margaret Hicks
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 1, 2009
        Thank you, hopefully every little tip I get will lead me to my grandmother. I would love to show my mother, now 92 and Anna's daughter when she came her and her life before my mother was born.