Re: How did they get here?

  • pepos51
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 26, 2009
      -Elizabeth
      I've check both ports, they came before Ellis Island and Castle
      Garden. Nobody ever said how they got here. My grandmother died when
      I was a year old and granddad died in 1937. Their children are all
      gone now, its to bad I didn't get the genealogy bug thirty years a
      go. But if this is the only piece of the puzzle, I don't have I guess
      I can live with it. I won't like it, but I have more information on
      them, then I ever though possible. But I will keep looking it has to
      be there some place. I have a few more years, left in this old body
      and a few more trips to Salt Lake City. Thanks for taking the time,
      to make suggestions and offer help. One of these times, everything
      will just click and there it will be, the information I am looking
      for.

      Thank You

      Marie
      -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, EMSCRS@... wrote:

      > Did you check to see if they came through Ellis Island? Have you
      checked to
      > see if either the county where they filed, or the State Archives
      or NARA
      > might have the Declaration of Intent (county and/or state would be
      the best
      > bet)? Keep in mind that Ellis Island did have a fire, and the
      records may have
      > been among those lost.
      >
      > Actually, their records should have been at Castle Garden
      > (_www.castlegarden.org_ (http://www.castlegarden.org) ), which does
      not offer a Soundex-type
      > search option, but I actually did find my Jane and Mary Kelly
      there (very time
      > consuming).
      >
      > Elizabeth
      > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in