Help with a town called Wotocho Lubisz...(ka?)

  • dulli862
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2009
      I need your help to find the town listed. I can not find it on serches
      I have done. I believe it to be the next town in my search of maternal
      ancestors, Wotocho Lubiszka? . The name is Warwany or Warwany Skruta. I
      am including the file here for your comments. Thanks for your help.

      Basia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2009
        We need some context.

        1. How often does this village name occur in the book?
        2. What village and country is this document taken from? What year?
        3. The name is Warwany or Warwany Skruta. What name? Do you mean
        surname?
        4. This is a burial record, correct?

        Bill

      • dulli862@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 22, 2009
          Sorry for the lack of info. I have been researching the Bobrka region of
          the Ukraine, Zabokruki and I have been tracing my maternal ancestors (Romanow)
          to a family named Skruta. On the records from the film 1922100, the town
          appears on a number of deaths on a page including Warwany Agr. in Wotocho
          Lubisz or Lubiszka.
          I have uploaded the film for viewing. Yes, this was a death record for
          1849.

          Basia
          steps!
          cemailfooterNO62)

        • dulli862@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 22, 2009
            Please find the file under Warwany Skruta in my files Dulli862. I uploaded
            it earlier as a file.

            Basia
            steps!
            cemailfooterNO62)

          • Joe Armata
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 22, 2009
              Hi Basia! It says Wolocho Lubeszka, meaning the village of Lubeszka
              Wolochowa, probably called just Lubeshka today. It's about 10 miles SE
              of Bobrka (Bibrka), neighboring Zabokruki. It had a population of about
              1200 in 1939.

              Joe

            • dulli862@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 23, 2009
                Thanks Joe, I'm sure I have the right village now.

                Thanks for your help.

                Basia
                steps!
                cemailfooterNO62)