Re: [S-R] Skeeter

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2009
      Nick,
      Thanks for the obituary posting for Skeeter. He was so young. I pray for
      the repose of his soul and for his family to cope with losing him.
      May God hold him close.
      Noreen

      In a message dated 1/20/2009 8:03:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      nickh@... writes:

      To all Skeeter's friends, the following was sent
      to me by Skeeter's brother Paul

      Hi Nick,

      As promised - the attachments are some
      information about my brother. I meet with the
      funeral director tomorrow to write the obituary
      for the newspaper. I will let you know what days
      it is in the paper. I'm sure it will be before the end of the week.
      Thanks,

      Paul

      FRANK BICAN
      1953-2009

      Frank passed away this past Friday afternoon
      (January 16, 2009). It appeared that he may have
      been going out to get his mail and suffered an
      apparent heart attack in his driveway. By the
      time neighbors found him, he had been so exposed
      to the cold that resuscitation by the EMS crew
      and Metro General Hospital were unsuccessful. His
      mom, brother Paul and Paul’s wife and two sons survive him.
      His family originates from the Czech Republic
      and came to the United States via Riga, Latvia in
      1901. Frank was born in Cleveland, Ohio in 1953
      and stayed in this area his whole life. He
      graduated High School from Brecksville High
      School in 1971. He went on to graduate from
      Cleveland State University with a Biology degree in 1975.
      He started his career at the Cleveland Clinic
      Foundation in the Blood Bank and subsequently
      transferred to Microbiology Laboratory. Due to
      his expertise in computers, and his keen sense of
      the workings of electronics, he eventually
      shifted over to Lab Information Systems.
      Frank was a “computer geek” and for a time was
      a Contributing Editor for PC Magazine, while still working for the hospital.
      He later transferred to Southwest General
      Hospital and worked in data processing until he
      retired at the age of 50. Two years into
      retirement though, he was felled by throat
      cancer. Chemo and radiation therapy took its toll
      on Frank and he never fully recovered from this ordeal.
      For the last several years Frank was pretty
      much a “shut-in” but wore out several laptops
      keeping in touch with his friends. Cooking became his primary hobby.
      Frank, or “Skeeter” as his family has always
      called him, was a good egg, a good sport and a good guy – may he Rest In
      Peace.

      Paul Bican

      steps!
      cemailfooterNO62)