Iacocca tirade - a perverse connection with genealogy

  • PHILBAER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2009
      I guess there is a connection with Slovak Roots. I am not objecting to?Lee Iacocca's?message; I just wonder if it is "in scope." One perverse way to make a connection is by pointing to the hopes and dreams of our ancestors when they arrived in America and gave their sweat and blood for a better life. Amazing what the $2 a day did for those raising themselves by their boot straps. My ancestors worked in the mines to fuel the industrial revolution and expansion of the railroads. Several gave their lives in the mines or in WWI. I wonder what they would think of the direction the country has gone? To this point I agree with Lee. Maybe we need the Slovak spirit of hard work and decent pay for a hard days work!

      Philip Baer