[Fwd: Re: [S-R] parish register]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2009
      I happen to have a copy of this cross-reference. Happy to provide that
      information to anyone needing it.

      By the way, I am extremely swamped right now. If I have failed to respond
      privately, or you have posted a question here publicly, and you are hoping
      for my response, well, I may have lost it. Feel free to pester/remind me.

      Thanks,
      Bill

      Subject: Re: [S-R] parish register
      From: "Curt Bochanyin" <curt67boc@...>
      Date: Thu, January 8, 2009 4:47 pm
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

      Thanks to you and all the others who replied so rapidly. I
      appreciate not having to order the index fiche and then wait until I
      can view those before I can simply order the register film directly.

      I knew there had to be an easier way.

      Best,
      Curt Bochanyin

      In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Tarkulich"
      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > Per Archives cross reference doc,
      > Topol'ovka archive files are stored:
      >
      > Humenne - Jewish
      > Lieskovec - Roman Catholic
      > Stefanovce - Greek Catholic
      >

      > On Thu, January 8, 2009 1:41 pm, Michael Mojher wrote:
      > > Curt,
      > > Yes, it is very possible that you will find the Topol'ovka
      registers
      > > in other villages. My ancestral village of Hromos was part of the
      RC
      > > parish of Plavnica.
      > > I tried to see if I could find something on Topol'ovka. One
      website
      > > said that it was part of the Greek Catholic parish of Stefanovce.
      You
      > > will find that in the FHL catalog. The same site said that
      Topol'ovka
      > > was "affiliated" with the following villages. I did a "Place"
      search
      > > for each: Hudcovce (not in FHL), Lieskovec (in FHL for Roman
      > > Catholic), Mala Domasa (not in FHL) and Tovarnianska Polianka
      (not in
      > > FHL).
      > > It appears that you may have some luck viewing the Stefanovce
      and
      > > Lieskovec records.
      > > Michael Mojher

      Topol'ovka
      > > in old Zemplin county at my local FHC. I do not find the village
      in
      > > the FHL catalog. Can anyone advise me if its registers would be
      > > included in another parish?
      > >
      > > Curt B.

      > --
      > Bill Tarkulich