RE: [S-R] Indexing at Family Search Indexing

  • Frank R Plichta
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2009
      Robin,

      Thanks for the information on dual data entry.

      This is the same process that we used at Blue Cross of Virginia in the late
      1970's when health claims were keypunched into the BC computer. Two
      operators entered the same batch of claims and the errors were resolved by a
      third person.

      I looked at the preliminary data that is available at the LDS site
      http://www.familyse <http://www.familysearchindexing.org/en/home/home.jsf>
      archindexing.org/en/home/home.jsf

      And found that in the first 6 PLICHTA records there were 8 mistakes. I am
      confident of the errors because I have personally, indexed the same records
      for all PLICHTAs.

      If they are using a double data entry and verification process, why are
      there so many errors in 6 records selected at random/

      Frank R. Plichta

      "Searching the world for PLICHTAs"

      _____