Surnames from Spisska N V

  • Tom Geiss
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2009
      In my viewing of LDS microfilm from Spisska Nova Ves, I encountered a few new surnames, which I will throw out for your perusal.
      MICHAEL KOCSIS (Kocis?) Husband of Maria Gurko at a baptism. ( 1860's)
      CAROLUS BENKO Godparent at a baptism (1860;s)
      MARIA TEKELY Wife of Stefan Gurko, at a baptism (1870's)
      JULIANNA OFCVAR (OVSENIK?) Wife of John Pastorek, at a baptism (1860's & 1870's) House # 456
      Hanzely (John & Anna) godparents for the children of Stefan Gurko and Maria Tekely
      (1870's)
      Also, I kept on seeing the name of ANDREAS RITZINGER show up as witness or godparent, not only for my grandma, but for many others. I get the impression that he must have been employed by the parish in some capacity, and whenever they needed a witness he just "filled in"???
      Anyway, if any of these names ring a bell, let me know. They're all possible clues.
      Tom