Re: Link & Question

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
      Ken,

      Your question is not easy to answer. Andrea indicated that you have to know
      the name of town. A best guess may work, go to the LDS site:

      http://www.familysearch.org/fhlc/supermainframeset.asp?display=generalfilmsearch&columns=*%2C180%2C0

      and select: PLACE SEARCH

      type in the name of the town or at least the first few letters.

      There is a microfiche cross referencing the films of Slovakia that many LDS
      Family History Centers have it is #6000786 or it can be ordered as microfilm
      #1183541 (look at the fourth section). It's name is "Prehled Matrik Na
      Slovensko Do Zostatnenia Matricnej" - - - a nice collection of words that
      will mean little to most of the nice folks at the FHC. Just ask for the
      film or microfiche number.

      Best of luck.

      z Bohom

      Dr. "Q"

      Ken Sajdak wrote:

      > Already have the subscriber page linked to both pages.
      >
      > Hope to find the discussion here helpful.
      >
      > BTW, anyone know where I can find out what Slovak Republic records
      > are
      > available through the LDS?
      >
      > Ken
    • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
        Sorry Ken,

        I didn't get the complete name of the document it is:

        Prehlad matrík na Slovensku do zostátnenia matricnej agendy

        Dr. "Q"

      • Madrobnak@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2000
          You have to go to their local family history center where the indexes are on
          microfiche.
          In two main libraries, Toledo& Akron, OH, I have seen family history
          computers with the LDS CD's. Good luck.
          Mary Anne