Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Link & Question

  • John
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
      At 01:18 AM 8/6/00 +0000, you wrote:
      >Already have the subscriber page linked to both pages.
      >
      >Hope to find the discussion here helpful.
      >
      >BTW, anyone know where I can find out what Slovak Republic records
      >are available through the LDS?
      >
      >Ken

      You'll find quite a few for the Preshov Region at this location:

      http://carpatho-rusyn.org/films2.htm

      John
    • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
        Ken,

        Your question is not easy to answer. Andrea indicated that you have to know
        the name of town. A best guess may work, go to the LDS site:

        http://www.familysearch.org/fhlc/supermainframeset.asp?display=generalfilmsearch&columns=*%2C180%2C0

        and select: PLACE SEARCH

        type in the name of the town or at least the first few letters.

        There is a microfiche cross referencing the films of Slovakia that many LDS
        Family History Centers have it is #6000786 or it can be ordered as microfilm
        #1183541 (look at the fourth section). It's name is "Prehled Matrik Na
        Slovensko Do Zostatnenia Matricnej" - - - a nice collection of words that
        will mean little to most of the nice folks at the FHC. Just ask for the
        film or microfiche number.

        Best of luck.

        z Bohom

        Dr. "Q"

        Ken Sajdak wrote:

        > Already have the subscriber page linked to both pages.
        >
        > Hope to find the discussion here helpful.
        >
        > BTW, anyone know where I can find out what Slovak Republic records
        > are
        > available through the LDS?
        >
        > Ken
      • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
          Sorry Ken,

          I didn't get the complete name of the document it is:

          Prehlad matrík na Slovensku do zostátnenia matricnej agendy

          Dr. "Q"

        • Madrobnak@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2000
            You have to go to their local family history center where the indexes are on
            microfiche.
            In two main libraries, Toledo& Akron, OH, I have seen family history
            computers with the LDS CD's. Good luck.
            Mary Anne