Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] New Subscriber

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
      Hi Ken and welcome to the list.

      I hope you will consider listing our list on those WGW pages, as they
      had been listed there when Julie was the host. It's often difficult for
      reesearchers in this area to find a mailing list that suits them, and we
      do take queries on any location that was in the former Austria-Hungary,
      as well as queries on researching people who have emigrated from there
      in the location where they emigrated -to-.

      The url to sign up for our list is given below in our tagline. I hope to
      develop our own homepage soon... it's started but not ready yet.

    • Ken Sajdak
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
        Already have the subscriber page linked to both pages.

        Hope to find the discussion here helpful.

        BTW, anyone know where I can find out what Slovak Republic records
        are
        available through the LDS?

        Ken
      • John
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
          At 01:18 AM 8/6/00 +0000, you wrote:
          >Already have the subscriber page linked to both pages.
          >
          >Hope to find the discussion here helpful.
          >
          >BTW, anyone know where I can find out what Slovak Republic records
          >are available through the LDS?
          >
          >Ken

          You'll find quite a few for the Preshov Region at this location:

          http://carpatho-rusyn.org/films2.htm

          John
        • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
            Ken,

            Your question is not easy to answer. Andrea indicated that you have to know
            the name of town. A best guess may work, go to the LDS site:

            http://www.familysearch.org/fhlc/supermainframeset.asp?display=generalfilmsearch&columns=*%2C180%2C0

            and select: PLACE SEARCH

            type in the name of the town or at least the first few letters.

            There is a microfiche cross referencing the films of Slovakia that many LDS
            Family History Centers have it is #6000786 or it can be ordered as microfilm
            #1183541 (look at the fourth section). It's name is "Prehled Matrik Na
            Slovensko Do Zostatnenia Matricnej" - - - a nice collection of words that
            will mean little to most of the nice folks at the FHC. Just ask for the
            film or microfiche number.

            Best of luck.

            z Bohom

            Dr. "Q"

            Ken Sajdak wrote:

            > Already have the subscriber page linked to both pages.
            >
            > Hope to find the discussion here helpful.
            >
            > BTW, anyone know where I can find out what Slovak Republic records
            > are
            > available through the LDS?
            >
            > Ken
          • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5, 2000
              Sorry Ken,

              I didn't get the complete name of the document it is:

              Prehlad matrík na Slovensku do zostátnenia matricnej agendy

              Dr. "Q"

            • Madrobnak@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 6, 2000
                You have to go to their local family history center where the indexes are on
                microfiche.
                In two main libraries, Toledo& Akron, OH, I have seen family history
                computers with the LDS CD's. Good luck.
                Mary Anne