New Subscriber

  • Ken Sajdak
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5 2:29 PM
      Hi all,

      As I begin following your discussions, I'd like to introduce myself.

      My grandparents immigrated from Slovakia to America through New York
      in 1900-1907 to Chicago and evenyually to Cudahy, WI.

      They came from the Trencian area, specifically, Mestecko and Zariecie.

      Surnames I am currently researching are: SAJDAK, SIDLIK, RUMAN.
      Secondary names: (shirtail relations as my father calls them:
      HUZEVKA,
      BRTIS, MISUN, HLINKA, JURESA. I will mostly be looking for
      information
      on these names.

      Additionally, I have taken on voluntary supervision of the Czech and
      Slovak RootsWeb pages. Czech Republic (
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~czewgw/ ) and Slovak Republic (
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~svkwgw/ )

      Hopefully I will find information here to help others as well.

      Ken Sajdak