Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Address

  • Fred Corbett
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2000
      You will find the information that you are looking for at one of these
      following websites.

      My wife has a family from Malacky. What is your interest there?

      Fred

      k3018@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      > Can anyone tell me the address and correct format for writing the the
      > Regional Archives that would cover the Bratislava area specifically the
      > Malacky district of Slovakia? I am looking for information on my husband's
      > grandmother's family. Thank you in advance.
      >
      > Kathy

    • Fred Corbett
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2000
        I have found the information on the following website to be very useful
        in my searchng western Slovakia. It provides addresses, names and
        samples letters in Slovak and English

        http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/go/feefhs/socslav/hudick1.html

        SLOVAK and RUSYN ROOTS; GETTING STARTED - A Guide for Researching Your
        Roots in the Slovak and Czech RepublicsBy John A. Hudick

        The following website also has useful information

        http://feefhs.org/iar/slovakia.html

        The Eastern Slovakia, Slovak and Carpatho-Rusyn Genealogical Research
        Page offers tools, resources, and information to help you search your
        Slovak or Carpatho-Rusyn family history and ancestry. You will also find
        links to a wealth of information on the area now known as Slovakia.

        Fred fhcorbett@...

      • k3018@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2000
          Hi Fred,
          The family names we are researching are Slezak and Moric (Moritz) from the
          Hasprunka area in Malacky District.
          What is the family name of your wife?
          Kathy