Gayar-och

  • Alan ANTOSKA
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      Re: "Gayaroch is not listed as any village, city,
      county/zupa or district/okres so that one is a puzzler"

      I thought I saw Frank answer this one with words to the
      effect that "Gajaroch" is in slovak grammar locative,
      etc.
      (If so, I apologise for the duplication.)

      In researching the village of Smrecany, I note that the
      surrounding vicinity is referred to as "Smrecanoch".

      Hence, I would suggest that Gajar-och is probably
      "Gajary" (and its vicinity), located about 6klm Northwest
      of Malacky and about 60 klm north of Bratislava.

      http://invites.yahoo.com/