Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Translation

  • Jozef Porubcansky
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2000
      Hello,

      here is my translation of your obit.

      Jozef Porubcansky

      Death announcement

      Stefan Lihotsky (Lehocky)

      house 10348 So. Albany Ave

      after the longer illness, on saturday august,7th 1948. at 11:00 p.m.,
      at age 80 years. Dear dead was born in Gajary in Slovakia and he
      he had been living in America for 50 years. He belonged to the "Volnost"
      number 117 C.S.A. The funeral service will be on wednesday august, 7th at 9
      a.m.
      from the chapel of the funeral company Jan V. Satala, 4744 South Damien
      Ave., to the
      St. Michal Arch church., after the funeral service the his body will be laid
      at the
      "Vskriesenie Pana" cemetery

      For a silent condolence asking:

      MICHAL, STEFAN, jr., ANDREJ and CYRIL, sons; EVA NERAD, daughter;
      EMILIA, HELEN and ANGELINA, daughters-in-law; godfathers and godmothers,
      mother and other relatives and acquaintances
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 11, 2000
        C.S.A. is a fraternal organization which was founded in 1854 in St. Louis,
        Missouri, by a group of Czech immigrants to provide financial security to
        widows and children, as well as social interaction and activities. It is now
        based in Oak Brook, Illinois. See http://www.csafraternallife.org/

        Anabeth Dollins
        axd2@...

        >Something is pertaining to perhaps a group or organization called Freedom
        >number 117 C.S.A. (Czechs and Slovaks of America??)
        >>
        >> OZNAMEMIE UMRTIA
        >>
        >> Stefan Lihotsky (Lehocky)

        Prinalezal do riaduVolnost cis. 117
        >> C.S.A.

        >> Theresa ...Nerad, Lihotsky (Lehochy)
      • Jim Sagat
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 11, 2000
          Anabeth,
          I just visited the C.S.A. in oak brook last week, they have a nice
          small museum there,

          Jim
        • Theresa McGlothlen
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 11, 2000
            Thank you so much for this information Anabeth. I have a neice
            living
            near there and I will see if she will look into it for me. Thank you
            again.

            Theresa