Does anyone...?

  • Vixen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2008
      Does anyone know anything about a Carolyn Kessler and her three children who immigrated to the US somewhere around 1921?

      V    i    x      e        n

      From: torontolou <torontolou@yahoo. com>

      Subject: [S-R] To introduce myself ...

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 7:27 AM

      Greetings to all! I am new to this group and am interested in learning

      more about the area and peoples from which my mother's family came. She

      was born in Spisska Bela in the mid 1920's and her mother's surname was

      Kozik and her father's surname was Fedor. I've already read the story

      of the town and of the Carpathian German migration, and those piqued my

      interest and motivated me to do a little more exploring.

      Thank you.

      Torontolou.

      Back to top

      Reply to sender

      Reply to group

      Messages in this topic
      (12)

      2c.

      Re: To introduce myself ...SPISSKA BELA, KOZIK, FEDOR

      Posted by: "Bill Tarkulich"
      bill.tarkulich@...

      smitko2

      Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:53 am (PST)

      Welcome to the list Torontolou.

      You've got the village name, which is your golden key to the goods.

      However, you've left the topical doors wide open. If there is

      something more specific you would like to discuss, or advice

      with,please feel free to pronounce it. This forum is loaded with

      several very knowledgeable and experienced researchers.

      Regards,

      Bill Tarkulich

      Quoting torontolou <torontolou@yahoo. com>:

      > Greetings to all! I am new to this group and am interested in learning

      > more about the area and peoples from which my mother's family came. She

      > was born in Spisska Bela in the mid 1920's and her mother's surname was

      > Kozik and her father's surname was Fedor. I've already read the story

      > of the town and of the Carpathian German migration, and those piqued my

      > interest and motivated me to do a little more exploring.

      > Thank you.

      > Torontolou.

      > http://www.yahoogro ups.com/group/ SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank

      Back to top

      Reply to sender

      Reply to group

      Messages in this topic
      (12)

      2d.

      Re: To introduce myself ...

      Posted by: "Caye Caswick"
      ccaswick@...

      ccaswick

      Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:59 am (PST)

      Lou:

      Six more immigrants went  via Bremen Germany from 1920-1939:

      sophie Drescher

      Gustav Hudacsek

      Michal Kozik

      Michal Kozik

      Frantisek Kozik

      Bertha Teltsch

      I found those at www.schiffslesten. de

      Caye

      From: Caye Caswick <ccaswick@yahoo. com>

      Subject: Re: [S-R] To introduce myself ...

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

      From: torontolou <torontolou@ yahoo. com>

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 7:27 AM

      Greetings to all! I am new to this group and am interested in learning

      more about the area and peoples from which my mother's family came. She

      was born in Spisska Bela in the mid 1920's and her mother's surname was

      Kozik and her father's surname was Fedor. I've already read the story

      of the town and of the Carpathian German migration, and those piqued my

      interest and motivated me to do a little more exploring.

      Thank you.

      Torontolou.

      Back to top

      Reply to sender

      Reply to group

      Messages in this topic
      (12)

      3.

      {re} Torontolou

      Posted by: "Tom Geiss"
      tomfgurka@...

      Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:04 am (PST)

      Welcome, It might interest you to know that the Mayor of Spisska Nova Ves, not too far south of Spisska Bela , just a couple of years ago , had the surname Fedorova. Maybe you're related. Tom

      Back to top

      Reply to sender

      Reply to group

      Messages in this topic