Re: [S-R] Pictures from the Old Country

  • dulli862@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2008
      I thoroughly enjoyed that film clip!! I wish I had done a better job of
      documenting my visit to the Czech Republic to my grandmother's home of Ratbor and
      Korenice.

      Barbara

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 14, 2008
        The colorful Winter issue of Slovakia published by the Slovak Heritage & Folklore Society International is out.

        The issue features articles on Zahorie (the western region of Slovakia), family search tips with examples from Spis, Christmas Memories with roots in Zemplin County, a colorful reproduction of the Slovak national anthem, a recipe for making beloved huspenina, a variety of Slovak music web sites, a colorful photo montage and report on the Telgart Homecoming trip last June/July, the popular roots page, and folk art featuring the Three Kings and another the Detva Dancers. as well as photos from Telgart, Helpa Festival, Sumiac and Stara Lubovna skansen. (outdoor museum).

        If you would like a sample copy to see if you might be interested in joining us - e mail editor helene cincebeaux at helenezx@...

        We have some 1500 members across the US and some in Canada and other countries. We take free queries from members and usually get a good response. This is the 89th issue of Slovakia published over the past 21 years.

        We have some 28,000 surnames in our Slovak Pride data base and welcome additional listings or glad to help you update yours and see if others list your surnames or villages - check it out at www.slovakpride.homestead.com or on Greg's site www.iarelative or on the Federation of Eastern European Family History Societies pages ... FEEFHS.

        Have some additional 2000 plus listings i have to post.

        Merry Christmas!

        helene cincebeaux, editor Slovakia