Re: [S-R] Transylvanian Whopper Virgins

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
      Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the website. They
      did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or such. ha
      ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take is that
      since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try. Time will tell.
      Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is a good
      thing.
      McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
      immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they would consider
      using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat. The meat had to
      be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered foods.
      McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot into Poland to
      sell their stuff.
      So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what you are
      used to eating.

    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
        sorry i did not sign my post about the website.
        Noreen

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
          Folks,

          This subject is OFF TOPIC. Our forum is genealogy related only.

          I encourage you to move your discussion to SLOVAK-WORLD or a ROMANIA forum.

          Please, no more correspondence on this topic, consider it CLOSED.

          Thank you for understanding.

          Bill Tarkulich
          Moderator
        • Julie Michutka
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
            I read several years ago that when BK/McD/et al go into a foreign
            market, they (sometimes? often? don't remember) use local beef rather
            than importing, because it will taste familiar rather than "weird".
            What goes in, must come out: the flavor of meat, eggs, and milk is
            affected by what the animal eats. Some argue that the nutritional
            quality is also affected. I think it makes sense economically and
            politically for these companies to use local (in this case, Polish)
            meat.

            Julie Michutka
            jmm@...

            On Dec 5, 2008, at 7:17 AM, nhasior@... wrote:

            > Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the
            > website. They
            > did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or
            > such. ha
            > ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take
            > is that
            > since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try.
            > Time will tell.
            > Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is
            > a good
            > thing.
            > McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
            > immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they
            > would consider
            > using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat.
            > The meat had to
            > be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered
            > foods.
            > McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot
            > into Poland to
            > sell their stuff.
            > So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what
            > you are
            > used to eating.
            > **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and
            > favorite sites in one place. Try it now.
            > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010
            > )

            > ! Groups Links

          • Ben Sorensen
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
              Hi Julie,
              I think you are doing the same as I-- This is SR, not Slovak World. :-) Let's move it over...
              Ben
              Sorry all

              jmm@pathbridge. net