Re: [S-R] Transylvanian Whopper Virgins

  • wfbrna
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
      Then why bother to comment?

      Bill Brna

      On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 01:55:19 -0000 "panther7775" <panther7775@...>
      writes:
      I'm with Vladi on this one...who cares!

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Janet Kozlay" <kozlay@...>

      ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      > Behalf Of elzeini
      > Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:31 PM
      > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [S-R] Transylvanian Whopper Virgins
      >

      > Burger King has launched an new ad campaign entitled Whopper
      Virgins.

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
        Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the website. They
        did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or such. ha
        ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take is that
        since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try. Time will tell.
        Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is a good
        thing.
        McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
        immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they would consider
        using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat. The meat had to
        be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered foods.
        McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot into Poland to
        sell their stuff.
        So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what you are
        used to eating.

      • nhasior@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
          sorry i did not sign my post about the website.
          Noreen

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
            Folks,

            This subject is OFF TOPIC. Our forum is genealogy related only.

            I encourage you to move your discussion to SLOVAK-WORLD or a ROMANIA forum.

            Please, no more correspondence on this topic, consider it CLOSED.

            Thank you for understanding.

            Bill Tarkulich
            Moderator
          • Julie Michutka
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
              I read several years ago that when BK/McD/et al go into a foreign
              market, they (sometimes? often? don't remember) use local beef rather
              than importing, because it will taste familiar rather than "weird".
              What goes in, must come out: the flavor of meat, eggs, and milk is
              affected by what the animal eats. Some argue that the nutritional
              quality is also affected. I think it makes sense economically and
              politically for these companies to use local (in this case, Polish)
              meat.

              Julie Michutka
              jmm@...

              On Dec 5, 2008, at 7:17 AM, nhasior@... wrote:

              > Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the
              > website. They
              > did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or
              > such. ha
              > ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take
              > is that
              > since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try.
              > Time will tell.
              > Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is
              > a good
              > thing.
              > McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
              > immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they
              > would consider
              > using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat.
              > The meat had to
              > be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered
              > foods.
              > McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot
              > into Poland to
              > sell their stuff.
              > So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what
              > you are
              > used to eating.
              > **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and
              > favorite sites in one place. Try it now.
              > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010
              > )

              > ! Groups Links

            • Ben Sorensen
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                Hi Julie,
                I think you are doing the same as I-- This is SR, not Slovak World. :-) Let's move it over...
                Ben
                Sorry all

                jmm@pathbridge. net