Re: [S-R] Transylvanian Whopper Virgins

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008
      Yes... but Budeşti is in Romania.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bude%C5%9Fti
      Ben
      (Helen, I saw your post. Bunǎ Dimineaţa)
      :-)

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
        Then why bother to comment?

        Bill Brna

        On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 01:55:19 -0000 "panther7775" <panther7775@...>
        writes:
        I'm with Vladi on this one...who cares!

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Janet Kozlay" <kozlay@...>

        ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
          Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the website. They
          did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or such. ha
          ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take is that
          since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try. Time will tell.
          Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is a good
          thing.
          McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
          immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they would consider
          using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat. The meat had to
          be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered foods.
          McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot into Poland to
          sell their stuff.
          So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what you are
          used to eating.

        • nhasior@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
            sorry i did not sign my post about the website.
            Noreen

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
              Folks,

              This subject is OFF TOPIC. Our forum is genealogy related only.

              I encourage you to move your discussion to SLOVAK-WORLD or a ROMANIA forum.

              Please, no more correspondence on this topic, consider it CLOSED.

              Thank you for understanding.

              Bill Tarkulich
              Moderator
            • Julie Michutka
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                I read several years ago that when BK/McD/et al go into a foreign
                market, they (sometimes? often? don't remember) use local beef rather
                than importing, because it will taste familiar rather than "weird".
                What goes in, must come out: the flavor of meat, eggs, and milk is
                affected by what the animal eats. Some argue that the nutritional
                quality is also affected. I think it makes sense economically and
                politically for these companies to use local (in this case, Polish)
                meat.

                Julie Michutka
                jmm@...

                On Dec 5, 2008, at 7:17 AM, nhasior@... wrote:

                > Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the
                > website. They
                > did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or
                > such. ha
                > ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take
                > is that
                > since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try.
                > Time will tell.
                > Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is
                > a good
                > thing.
                > McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
                > immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they
                > would consider
                > using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat.
                > The meat had to
                > be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered
                > foods.
                > McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot
                > into Poland to
                > sell their stuff.
                > So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what
                > you are
                > used to eating.
                > **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and
                > favorite sites in one place. Try it now.
                > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010
                > )

                > ! Groups Links

              • Ben Sorensen
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                  Hi Julie,
                  I think you are doing the same as I-- This is SR, not Slovak World. :-) Let's move it over...
                  Ben
                  Sorry all

                  jmm@pathbridge. net