Re: [S-R] Transylvanian Whopper Virgins

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008
      Obviously, those who have written in reply-- including those in dissent.
      Ben

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008
        Yes... but Budeşti is in Romania.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bude%C5%9Fti
        Ben
        (Helen, I saw your post. Bunǎ Dimineaţa)
        :-)

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
          Then why bother to comment?

          Bill Brna

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
            Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the website. They
            did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or such. ha
            ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take is that
            since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try. Time will tell.
            Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is a good
            thing.
            McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
            immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they would consider
            using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat. The meat had to
            be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered foods.
            McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot into Poland to
            sell their stuff.
            So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what you are
            used to eating.

          • nhasior@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
              sorry i did not sign my post about the website.
              Noreen

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                Folks,

                This subject is OFF TOPIC. Our forum is genealogy related only.

                I encourage you to move your discussion to SLOVAK-WORLD or a ROMANIA forum.

                Please, no more correspondence on this topic, consider it CLOSED.

                Thank you for understanding.

                Bill Tarkulich
                Moderator
              • Julie Michutka
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                  I read several years ago that when BK/McD/et al go into a foreign
                  market, they (sometimes? often? don't remember) use local beef rather
                  than importing, because it will taste familiar rather than "weird".
                  What goes in, must come out: the flavor of meat, eggs, and milk is
                  affected by what the animal eats. Some argue that the nutritional
                  quality is also affected. I think it makes sense economically and
                  politically for these companies to use local (in this case, Polish)
                  meat.

                  Julie Michutka
                  jmm@...

                  On Dec 5, 2008, at 7:17 AM, nhasior@... wrote:

                  > Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the
                  > website. They
                  > did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or
                  > such. ha
                  > ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take
                  > is that
                  > since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try.
                  > Time will tell.
                  > Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is
                  > a good
                  > thing.
                  > McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
                  > immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they
                  > would consider
                  > using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat.
                  > The meat had to
                  > be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered
                  > foods.
                  > McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot
                  > into Poland to
                  > sell their stuff.
                  > So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what
                  > you are
                  > used to eating.
                  > **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and
                  > favorite sites in one place. Try it now.
                  > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010
                  > )

                  > ! Groups Links

                • Ben Sorensen
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                    Hi Julie,
                    I think you are doing the same as I-- This is SR, not Slovak World. :-) Let's move it over...
                    Ben
                    Sorry all

                    jmm@pathbridge. net