RE: [S-R] Transylvanian Whopper Virgins

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008
      The commercial mentions going to a rural village in Romania, which is most
      likely Transylvania. But Budapest is the capital of Hungary, a large city,
      and is nowhere near Romania.

      Pretty silly commercial all around, though.

      Janet

      _____

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008
          I'm with Vladi on this one...who cares!

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Janet Kozlay" <kozlay@...>

          ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
          > Behalf Of elzeini
          > Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:31 PM
          > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [S-R] Transylvanian Whopper Virgins
          >

          > Burger King has launched an new ad campaign entitled Whopper
          Virgins.
          > I just saw the commercial on TV today. Commercial says it's
          location
          > is Budepesti (hope I spelled it correct) Transylvania.
          > They went there to have a taste test by people who never ate a
          > hamburger before.
          > The Burger King ad says to go to
          > whoppervirgins.com
          >
          > Has anyone seen the ad?
          > How do you feel about it?
          >
          > Lisa

        • panther7775
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008

            wrote:

            > The commercial mentions going to a rural village in Romania, which
            is most
            > likely Transylvania. But Budapest is the capital of Hungary, a
            large city,
            > and is nowhere near Romania.
            >

            > Pretty silly commercial all around, though.
            >

            > Janet
            >

            > _____

          • panther7775
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008

              wrote:

              > The commercial mentions going to a rural village in Romania, which
              is most
              > likely Transylvania. But Budapest is the capital of Hungary, a
              large city,
              > and is nowhere near Romania.
              >

              > Pretty silly commercial all around, though.
              >

              > Janet
              >

              > _____

            • Ben Sorensen
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008
                Obviously, those who have written in reply-- including those in dissent.
                Ben

                ________________________________
                > The commercial mentions going to a rural village in Romania, which
                is most
                > likely Transylvania. But Budapest is the capital of Hungary, a
                large city,
                > and is nowhere near Romania.
                >

                > Pretty silly commercial all around, though.
                >

                > Janet
                >

                > _____

              • Ben Sorensen
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008
                  Yes... but Budeşti is in Romania.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bude%C5%9Fti
                  Ben
                  (Helen, I saw your post. Bunǎ Dimineaţa)
                  :-)

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                    Then why bother to comment?

                    Bill Brna

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                      Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the website. They
                      did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or such. ha
                      ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take is that
                      since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try. Time will tell.
                      Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is a good
                      thing.
                      McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
                      immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they would consider
                      using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat. The meat had to
                      be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered foods.
                      McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot into Poland to
                      sell their stuff.
                      So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what you are
                      used to eating.

                    • nhasior@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                        sorry i did not sign my post about the website.
                        Noreen

                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                          Folks,

                          This subject is OFF TOPIC. Our forum is genealogy related only.

                          I encourage you to move your discussion to SLOVAK-WORLD or a ROMANIA forum.

                          Please, no more correspondence on this topic, consider it CLOSED.

                          Thank you for understanding.

                          Bill Tarkulich
                          Moderator
                        • Julie Michutka
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                            I read several years ago that when BK/McD/et al go into a foreign
                            market, they (sometimes? often? don't remember) use local beef rather
                            than importing, because it will taste familiar rather than "weird".
                            What goes in, must come out: the flavor of meat, eggs, and milk is
                            affected by what the animal eats. Some argue that the nutritional
                            quality is also affected. I think it makes sense economically and
                            politically for these companies to use local (in this case, Polish)
                            meat.

                            Julie Michutka
                            jmm@...

                            On Dec 5, 2008, at 7:17 AM, nhasior@... wrote:

                            > Well, I was interested and cannot deny it. So I went to the
                            > website. They
                            > did not leave the studio to film it. No helicopters, dogsleds or
                            > such. ha
                            > ha. They are laying it on pretty thick. All pretty fake. My take
                            > is that
                            > since everyone is thinking "global," Burger King decided to try.
                            > Time will tell.
                            > Listen, anything that gets people to think about another country is
                            > a good
                            > thing.
                            > McDonalds went several years ago into Poland. There was a problem
                            > immediately with the meat itself. Poland was very clear that they
                            > would consider
                            > using most of the McDonald mandatory supplies but NOT the meat.
                            > The meat had to
                            > be from Poland because they would not use any genetically altered
                            > foods.
                            > McDonald had to concede this point if they wanted to get a foot
                            > into Poland to
                            > sell their stuff.
                            > So Burger King Whopper virgins beware of the meat. It is not what
                            > you are
                            > used to eating.
                            > **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and
                            > favorite sites in one place. Try it now.
                            > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010
                            > )

                            > ! Groups Links

                          • Ben Sorensen
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 5, 2008
                              Hi Julie,
                              I think you are doing the same as I-- This is SR, not Slovak World. :-) Let's move it over...
                              Ben
                              Sorry all

                              jmm@pathbridge. net