Re: [S-R] HRITZ and RUHALA

  • karen pivowar
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 30, 2008
      Yes, I am researching Hritz.  I have been ill for a while and just saw you notice of Hritz.
      I believe a Hritz came to southern Ohio in the early 1900's.  He came with his wife for
      work and to be with his good friend, Andy Gemeri.  Hritz's wife and  Andy Gemeri's wife
      were sisters.  They both came from (what is now) Slovakia.  I found this on Ancestry.com.
      Also, someone contacted me through Ancestry, com. and invited me to Michigan for a
      100th birthday party.  They also contacted Hritz.  I only had a week's notice of the birthday
      party and couldn't make it; Neither did Hritz.  I found out that the lady in Lansing, Michigan
      was Andy Gemeri's daughter.  Andy Gemeri was my grandfather I never met.  I kept contact
      with Michigan and went up there in July of this year.  The wonderful lady in Michigan is
      my great aunt.  She turned 101 now.  Best time of my life!  Met my wonderful cousin and
      his wife.  They found a Hritz (now living in California).  Hritz's wife would be related to us.
      The Gemeri name was changed to Gamary when they came to Ohio because it was
      easier.  I will check my paperwork this week for you and let you know what town in
      Slovakia  Andy Gemeri came from.  His good friend Hritz was probably from the same
      town.  My great aunt from Michigan went to that town when she was in her 80's to find
      the family (and she did).  I am trying to contact Hritz family in California.  I will get back
      to you this week.
      Karen Pivowar

        Is there anyone else researching these names? Are these Slovak, Hungarian or other, based
        on their spelling. My other search is for Macura families from Sarisske Jastrabie. I am not
        certain if the HRITZ and RUHALA families were also from Sarisske Jastrabie or a nearby
        location. My husband's great grandmother was Mary Hritz and I understand that her
        mother's name was Ruhala. That is all the information I have at present.

        _YYy_._,_.___
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        MARKETPLACE

        From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

        Recent Activity

        4
        New PhotosVisit Your Group

        Yahoo! Groups
        Going Green Zone
        Save the planet.
        Your resources to go green.

        Yahoo! Groups
        Latest product news
        Join Mod. Central
        stay connected.

        Special K Group
        on Yahoo! Groups
        Join the challenge
        and lose weight.
        .

      • andrew w
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 28 11:29 AM
          I am also descended from the Baluha family. My family came from Fricovce near Presov. Any ideas about the origins of this family or if there are unrelated branches of this family? Have you ever come across the name Scerbaty?