The Forgotten Federal Census of 1885

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2008
      The Forgotten Federal Census of 1885

      For those who may be struggling in their pre-1903 research,
      specifically regarding some of our ancestors who may have arrived in
      the earliest Czech-Slovak immigration waves, I came across a story of
      a little-known off-year US federal census. I do not believe it has
      been filmed by the FHL, so you may have to go to the US National
      Archives to access it.

      http://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2008/fall/1885-
      census.html