Ilko Denega ship manifest displaying Auchin

  • dulli862
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 24, 2008
      If the right post did not work I have it in Basia's photo album of
      Zabokruki. There are two one shows the father.

      Ilko Denega Ship manifest:

      ROOTS/photos/album/1148981301/pic/1316322549/view?
      picmode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc

      Basia
    • Ben Sorensen
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 24, 2008
        Where is the Auchin name? I didn't see it. This is in German, but I am sure you knew that. Remember that on these manifests, because thye are in Gothic or a related writing, the h's look like f's, as do the Caroligian s's. Large S's will look like deformed P's, x is indescribable, and so on.... :-D It is why the Maria can look like Muviu if someone isn't ready for this, and "Schumacher" will look something like cursive cyrillic- unless you can also read that... !

        Ben

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SLOVAK-

      • dulli862@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 24, 2008
          I didn't know it was German!

          Basia

        • Ben Sorensen
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 24, 2008
            The other ones you put up in English are really interesting- they are English, even the cursive is English- but the letters are GOTHIC! Really cool, I have to say! I have been exposed to things that I wasn't aware would happen since I joined- Slovak-Rusyn written with Hungarian phonics, English in Gothic cursive, etc.
            I LOVE this group!
            Ben

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
              Hey Ben have you been able to make any sense out of that Novotny paper I
              posted with the seven brothers?

              Basia
              AOL.com.

            • Ben Sorensen
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
                sorry, I forgot all about it. :-P
                I will look at that now...
                Ben

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
                  I was looking through the manifests, and I didn't see the Novotnys there. Now, the old book made sense- and it is a listing of Jan, Josephs, and Karels. :-D
                  To get the most out of it, we need the rest of the "book," as the information is cross-referenced.
                  Ben