Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Generic letters

  • JPasqua342@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
      You can write to the Archives in Slovakia in English. I did and it only
      took about 4 to 6 weeks for results. I received alot of information on my
      ancestors and it only cost about 50.00. Use Air Mail, return receipt, if you
      don't it will take months for your letter to get to Slovakia.

      Joann
    • Madrobnak@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
        Please give us the address of the Slovak National Archives. Do they bill you
        or do you pay $50.00 up front?
        Thx, Mary Anne
      • JPasqua342@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
          Statny oblastny arvhiv v Presov'

          ul. Slanska c. 33

          080 06 Presov-Nizna Sebastova

          I waited for them to bill me, because I wasn't sure of what I was doing, or
          if there was any information. I only had a slight idea of where my
          grandfather was from and his birthdate. I sent all the information I had and
          waited. Send you mail----Air Mail, return receipt and they do the same. It
          is much quicker. If you think there is information to be found you could
          send a cashiers check for $50.00 and hope for the best, I do not know if they
          return any unused funds.

          With the Archives help ( they were very helpful to me) and further use of
          the Family History Center films, I know have information back to my
          ggg-grandfather!!!!!.

          Good Luck,
          Let me know if you need more help or information.

          Joann
        • Madrobnak@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
            Thx very, very much Joann. I am going to give it a try. Will let you know
            what happens!
            Mary Anne