Life Magazine photos online

  • Anabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2008
      This message appeared on Dick Eastman's genealogy blog:

      "110 Years of Life Magazine Photos Now Online

      I love those glossy photographs that Life Magazine is famous for. Now
      the magazine has placed 10 million photographs on Google's servers.
      The photographs range from Margaret Bourke-White's harrowing
      depictions of the just-liberated concentration camps to Dorothea
      Lange's haunting photo of a migrant mother to pictures of men walking
      on the Moon.

      One picture that I especially like is that of a parade on Pennsylvania
      Avenue in 1865.

      On many of the photos, you need to click on the link labeled "View
      Full Size" in order to see the high resolution version.

      You can start exploring here: http://images.google.com/hosted/life.

      Another method is to search Google by and simply add "source:life" to
      any Google image search. That will limit the search to the LIFE photo
      archive. For example: genealogy source:life.

      Even if you don't find exactly what your'e looking for there's lots of
      interesting pictures."

      To find photos of Slovakia, you need to search for Czechoslovakia.

      Anabeth